Description: 40-card deck ~ Like normal playing cards but the suits are TenFrame, Digit, Word and Fingers. No face cards included.
* Waterproof, bend-resistant, 100% plastic high quality playing cards *
Focus: Number Sense
1. Cards are divided evenly amongst players.
2. On the count of 3, every player flips over a card facing up.
3. The goal is to match any cards that you’ve flipped with any of the cards your opponent has
flipped. *You cannot match 2 of your own cards together*
4. The first player that sees a match says “Match!” & states the match and collects those 2 cards.
If no match is found, those cards then remain on the table and in play.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until players run out of cards.
6. The player with the most matches wins!
CLOSE CALL (Advanced)
1. Shuffle the deck and deal each player 6 cards.
2. Players then select 4 of the cards to create two 2-digit numbers. The object is to create two
numbers that when added together come as close to 100 as possible, without going over.
For example, lets say in this hand I select the cards 2,3,4, and 5. With those, I was able to create the numbers 53 and 42, which when added together total 95.
3. The player with the total closest to 100 wins the round and 1 point. In the event of a tie, each player receives a point. After playing 5 rounds, the player with the most points wins.
6 GAMES TO BOOST MATH SKILLS AT ANY LEVEL
IT'S SO FUN THEY'LL FORGET THEY'RE LEARNING
Each game targets an important strategy or standard providing hours of fun while building mental math skills in a fun, challenging way!
Skills: Addition/Subtraction, Multiplication/Division, Counting, Money, Fractions, Measurement, Sequences, Equations, Order of Operations & More!
THE CREATOR OF TANG MATH GAMES
The Math Powerpack was created by Harvard professor and world-renowned author, Greg Tang. With over 4,000 workshops and conferences, Greg has helped transform the way teachers and students understand and enjoy math.
Greg Tang’s “Less Is More” approach focuses on how to help students think about the numbers in a smarter way.
He even hosted a TedTalk about finding simple solutions to seemingly complicated math problems and enjoying it.
Watch the full TedTalk here
LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH GAME
ALL GAMES 2-6 players, 15 min play
Skills: Addition/Subtraction Fact Families
Flip a card & try to find the addition/subtraction fact family - there is ALWAYS only ONE solution per card.
Skills: Multiplication/ Division Fact Families
Flip a card & try to find the multiplication/division fact family - there is only ONE solution per card.
Skills: Counting, Place Value, Numbers
Flip any two cards from the same mini deck and find the match!
Skills: Money, Fractions, Measurement
Flip any two cards from the same mini deck & find the match!
Skills: Number Bonds, Sequences, Color Patterns
Using 3 different color cards, find the fact families.
Skills: Multi-part, Order of operations, Equations
Use any operation (+ - x ÷) to make a target number!
teachers, parents & kids LOVE KAKOOMA!
This is the best money I've spent on my classroom in a long time! I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for making math come alive for our students...and teachers. Everyone has a renewed spirit for learning thanks to your energy.
I brought the Greg Tang kit home to try out with my second grader. We have been playing for the past TWO hours!
I used the kit over the summer to play math games with some students and they loved it! Even the reluctant ones were engaged and having fun. Also, it's great that I can differentiate the games because there are multiple levels included.